Balclutha Community Library
Built in 1914, the Balclutha Library was one of 18 libraries in New Zealand granted funding by Andrew Carnegie. It is one of only two remaining New Zealand Carnegie libraries still operating in the original building today. The building underwent major renovations in 1988 and 1993 to bring it to its current size. With over 30,000 items, a built in reading pit, and plenty of space for programmes, the Balclutha Library sits at the heart of the Balclutha community, and the Clutha District.